Name: Luka Janežič
Age: 21 years
Sport: Athletics, running - 400m
- National record @ 400m: 45,07
- Semifinals @ Olympic games RIO2016: 45,07s
- Finals European championship Amsterdam 2016
- Semifinals indoor world champs Portland 2016
- 3rd place European Championship u23 Tallin 2015
- Multiple national champ @ 100,200,400m
- National record @300m: 31,89s
- 1st place in Prague @ 400m Classification for World Championship 2017
How long do you train? What sports? Tell us about your sports history....
I train athletics for 12 years. I started training at AK Medvode, my first trainer was Franci Bohinc. Soon I started winning in various competitions without real training. At 16 I started training with Rok Predanič and competing for AD Kladivar from Celje. Together we achieved a lot of international successes and we want to continue this way.
Did you have any injuries?
None serious...hopefully it stays that way!
How much do you train?
7 times per week.
What supplements do you use and how?
My favorites: Ultragen, EFS, MultiV in OptygenHP. I'm using MultiV every morning and since I haven't been ill for a long time, I can say these are multivitamins of choice for every active athlete. I also take Optygen HP both in the morning and before the training / the field events, it helps me with breathing capacity and lowers stress. I drink EFS during training to avoid cramping, and last but not least, my favorite recovery drink, Ultragen. Ultragen is the one product which I cannot afford to be missing in my bag. Proteins, carbs, glutamine, electrolytes, all-in-one.
What are your goals?
- 400m below 45s (currently 45.07s)
- medal @ a big competition
- run at OI 2020 in 2024